Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl food

Yesterday I made a few things for the big game. We had pigs in a blanket made with turkey hot dogs and crescent rolls. Even though they were slightly healthy we both had two each and after that we were so stuffed. But the problem is that I was also in the process of making a cheeseburger pizza. Now this may sound disgusting, but it was actually good. Does anyone make their own pizza anymore? I was at the grocery store on Saturday and could not find one of those pizza shells to make your own pizza with. (I remember my mom used to always get those Boboli shells.) I was determined to make this pizza anyway so I got out my grandma's old Betty Crocker cook book knowing there would be a recipe in it for pizza crust, and there was. So I rolled out the dough, made the round hump at the end (whatever you call it) for the crust and put on the toppings which consisted of ground turkey (that's all I use these days instead of beef), with condensed tomato soup, and a little cheddar cheese on top. It didn't really taste like a cheeseburger but it was pretty good. After that was done baking, Jeff and I proceeded to eat a couple peices only 20 minutes after we ate our hotdogs! To say the least, we could not move. We went to watch the second half at a friends house and luckily we only had to eat one cookie. I say had to, because I knew she made them for us. To make ourselves feel better, we rationalized that it was our only meal for the day! Nevertheless....diet starts today!

1 comment:

Eric and Jackie said...

At least you had real food. We had chips and dip after chips and dip, then chicken wings, cookies, cookies and more cookies and then chocolate ice cream! Say hello to health! I tried to start my diet today but failed again! Good luck with yours!