Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Saturday's Warrior

Carson Jeffrey Routsong entered the world on Saturday, January 3rd at 10:26am weighing 7lbs, 2oz. and 19 inches long. He came a little early, or I should say he was made to come early, but we are so glad to finally be parents and have a healthy strong boy.
So here's how everything happened. As Jeff and I were taking down our christmas tree and decorations on Friday January 2nd, we got a call from my doctor telling us that we had to go in to have the baby. I had been there earlier that day to leave a 24hr urine sample and for some blood work, but they let me go back home. I guess after they ran everything, they decided that for my health I should be induced. So we took our time and finished cleaning everything up and drove to the hospital. They said they were going to place cervadil in me to soften my cervix overnight and that in the morning they would start the pitocin. Thinking I would have a restful night, Jeff and I got comfortable. We pulled out our computers and watched t.v. However, as the night progressed, so did my contractions. At the time, I didn't know they were contractions because I was feeling them way down low. By 2am, I was in some pretty good pain. Jeff tried to sleep through me getting up every 15 minutes to use the bathroom as I had to unhook all the monitors everytime. Then at 5am I was in some major pain and the nurse offered me an epidural which I refused because we had been "planning" on going 'al natural'. She checked me and by then I was 8cm dialated. By 6am and after having no rest, I decided that I needed the epidural. Then the anesthesiologist decided he needed blood work first, so we had to wait for all that to happen. Finally after the longest hour of my life I got the epi at 7am. That was heaven, and looking back, I wish I wouldn't have been so stubborn about it because I might have gotten some rest. So by 8:30am they said it was time to push and after 2 hard hours of pushing, my little man was born! We had lots of visitors in the hospital. His cousin Taylor did not want to let go of him.Here is what Jeff looks like after a night of little sleep. Boy is he ready to be a dad!
Jeff changed Carson's first dirty diaper. At least his nose isn't curled up too much.
Carson already sleeps like his daddy. Or maybe it's the other way around.
So the first 11 days have been quite an experience. I can't wait to see what he is going to look like, but right now all we see in him is Jeff!

23 comments:

Christina said...

I would have to agree, all I see is Jeff too. I'm glad he's finally here and your both healthy. I had to push for two hours with my first also, it's no picnic, with the second I only pushed for 15 minutes, so there's hope. Congratulations, and he's absolutely adorable.

Boydston Family said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute. Hope you guys are doing great.

The Esslinger Family said...

Congrats, he is so precious!! Oh, I am so glad you got an epidural, I had one for both my kids and it was awesome! I am glad everyone is going well!

Missy said...

Kristy!

Congratulations~~~ Carson is adorable! I hope you are doing well. I am with you, I DON'T do natural! It's not worth it! I love the last picture of him sleeping! I can't wait for more pictures!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I wish mine was here already. I don't know about this whole pregnancy thing. It has been hard on me and the baby. Glad everyone is doing well.

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you. What were you thinking "au naturale"? Just kidding. I think you are just able to enjoy it with the epidural. Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you, he is absolutely adorable!! I'm glad you are happy and healthy and a Mama! So exciting!

xox

Derek and Amber said...

He is so precious! Enjoy every moment because it goes by so fast.

Britty said...

Hooray!!! I'm SO relieved everything went well and everyone is healthy. You are awesome, Kristy! I can't wait to see him. We definitely need to come by and check him out...maybe once we are all over our little colds. :) Congrats Kristy and Jeff! He's so cute.

Melissa said...

Congrats. I love the name Carson. So cute.

Nate and Felicia said...

Congrats Kristy! He is a cutie, and I think he looks a little like you,from what I can tell from the pics anyway. Hopoe everything is going well!

Meghan said...

Congratulations to the new mom and dad!! What a beautiful boy!

Justin and Silvia said...

Hi Jeff and Kristy,

I love the picture of you guys with the little baby carson.
Congratulations !!!

Melissa Savage said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in congratulating, but, congratulations!! He's a cutie and I hope you're all doing well!

Lisa said...

Ok, seriously need to call you. Look at how handsome he is! I mean the baby..not your hubby ;)

Eric and Jackie said...

He is a cutie, and I love the picture of Taylor and him, they are gonna be buddies!

LudvigsonFamily said...

Hi Kristy! Your little guy is a doll. How is motherhood going for you? Take care love ya

Nate and Felicia said...

Hey Kristy! Can you send me your email so I can add you to my blog. nktbull66@hotmail.com, thanks:)

Sonya Duke said...

Thanks for sharing your experience, that was fun to read. I am so happy for you!

LudvigsonFamily said...

Thank you so much for thinking of us and sending us a baby announcement. He is so cute. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Its liκe you reaԁ my thοughts! You appear to
unԁeгѕtаnd а lot about this, likе you wгote thе guide in it or sοmething.
I fеel that you сould do with some percent
to drive the messagе houѕe a bit, but
іnѕtead of that, this is fantastіc blog.

A fantastіc rеaԁ. I will ceгtаinlу be bаcκ.


My web sіte auto insurance dallas

Anonymous said...

Ηаve уou evеr сonsidered about аdding а littlе bit morе than just yοur агtiсles?
I mean, what you say is imрortant and all.
Howeveг think аbout if yοu added some gгeat
images οr video clips to gіѵe your posts more, "pop"!
Your сontent is еxcellent but with images and
videos, thiѕ site could unԁenіablу be one of the νеrу best іn itѕ field.
Verу goοd blog!

Μy blog - tens machine

Anonymous said...

Prevent dropping control of your website by getting your own personal domain name as well as your individual hosting account. If you use totally free web hosting service, you will have issues acquiring good search engine rankings, and you will have to adhere to the guidelines from the hold. If you have your own personal domain address along with your own web hosting service account, you will have a much more flexibility with regards to the articles you are able to article, and you won't manage the risk your information will all vanish in case the variety should go less than! [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Hou4445r[/url]