Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter is coming!

We want to wish you all a Happy Easter and hope you and your families are doing well. We miss all the friends we made in San Leandro, San Francisco, and the other places we have lived and hope that someday our paths will cross again. So this year we decided to color some eggs because I have not done it in a few years, and it was a fun thing to do with my family growing up. I wanted my eggs to last so I could use them for a decoration so Jeff and I were trying to blow out the eggs and also keep the hole small but after 5 minutes of blowing and half the egg out, our cheeks,(oh excuse me, Jeff corrects me, our masseter muscles) were killing us. Jeff decided he would suck the egg yolk out instead because it was easier...yuck...he was on his own for this. I couldn't even watch it was grossing me out so bad!

The color process: I got this die at Dollar Tree and it surprised me that it worked so well.


And the final result...
I had to get a picture of my flowers and vase too. As you can see, our kitchen is sooo dark and needed a little spring pick-me-up. I got the white vase for a few bucks at Ross and I wanted to add a little color to it so I went to Micheals and picked out this green color which didn't look as neon as it turned out. However, I think the color is growing on me now.







8 comments:

Eric and Jackie said...

I can't believe Jeff sucked out the egg yolk, man he is BRAVE! I wish you would have gotten a video of that. The vase is cute and so is your place, I can't wait to come see it!

Boydston Family said...

How festive!! Love the eggs love the vase love the kitchen love it!!

Cindy said...

Hey Martha! The vase looks cool! How'd you do that? So... what's been up?

Lisa said...

I really never knew you were that creative....you always impress me!

Britty said...

We miss seeing you guys. Especially jeff's impression of the guy in Testaments (that sounds bad, doesn't it?). I'm impressed that you decorated eggs without having kids. I don't know if I'd be so ambitious. You'll be a pro when that time comes! We did the dollar store decorating, too, and it turned out great!

Melissa Savage said...

Your vase is so cute! I love all the pictures of your house, it looks soooo nice!

Cindy said...

YEAH! 7 more days!!! I can't wait!

Eric and Jackie said...

Mom says you need to update your blog. miss you love mom