Sunday, November 4, 2007

How to Get Engaged



We left early one Saturday morning in September and drove to Napa where we went on a hot air baloon ride. It was so cold that they had to turn on the fans so the grapes wouldn't freeze. To stay warm we all gathered around the fire burners that were heating up the balloons.
Kristy and I went up with this other couple that was there because the girl was taking her boyfriend for a surprise on his birthday. I made special arrangements with the Ballooner, who was a really interesting guy, to give me a chance to propose.
Kristy was really excited, but she really didn't know what to say. It turns out she kinda knew I was gonna propose, because of how nervous I was acting. We had a lot of fun. Napa is so beautiful from up in a balloon. The other couple that was with us were the first to congratulate us and the girl even got tears in her eyes when she found out I had proposed. I'm just glad that ring is on Kristy's finger now and its out of my hands! We highly recommend Napa Valley Drifters as a ballooning host. They are really great. They even hooked us up with some complimentary sparkling cider and wine glasses with "the ballooners' poem" sandblasted on them.

3 comments:

Jessie Jo said...

I love hot air balloon rides! There is a really fun festival in Utah that we always go to. I think all girls can tell when their bf will propose, you do get a little weirded out! Very cute story!

Sarah Junsay said...

AWWWHH! To be young again!! Joe took me on a hot air balloon ride while we were dating! Very romantic. Life is too practical now....

I'm excited for you guys to get married. We'll miss you guys when you move away :(

The Bubblelush said...

I got engaged in the same way! Could you email me the ballooners' poem you mentioned? I searched google but couldn't find anything. bubblelush@gmail.com
Thanks!